Monday, July 6, 2009

BS Day

After nearly three months, it's finally here--BS Day (Before Shot Day). I have gathered up my equipment and medication, called the needle advisory with a few final questions, and have nothing left to do but wait until tomorrow morning (that's not true, I'm going out for a yummy dinner with friends of my brother's who are in town from NY).

But before that happens, I'll follow up with a few updates from previous posts:

1. Update on T09CP: I finally had some down time and dry weather during which I attempted to prime phase one of T09CP, only to find out that some dastardly hornets have taken over the eave thingy I was planning to paint. I managed to get a fair amount of priming done prior to this discovery, but the more obvious part of the project is now on hold indefinitely until I can get rid of the little jerks.



Unfortunately my first efforts to evict the buggers appear to have been unsuccessful. Hopefully the next can of wasp and hornet killer will do the trick. Fingers crossed, please!

2. Fourth of July weekend was fabulous--some highlights include: Johnny Depp (in a movie, not in person), Sushi, yummy wine, great company, fireworks, barbecue, awesome pulled pork, tasty homebrew, a little tennis, no injections.

3. The sharp shooting pains in my eye have returned, and have been lingering for a few days now. I don't know what this means, but I suppose the fact that I start my treatment tomorrow could be a good thing.

I can practically guarantee a flood of new posts after the injections begin tomorrow. Check back often to see what's what.

2 comments:

LLB said...

Good luck today. You will face this with Strength and Humility... I just know it.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you today. I hope all went as smoothly as possible. -toni