Wednesday, July 8, 2009

On speaking too soon…

So the shot in the belly was a piece of cake. Fan-freakin’-tastic. The leg? Not so much.

Perhaps it was the absence of the calming Needle Advisor gently guiding me through the process with nods and quiet reminders. Or maybe it is the fact that my legs are sculpted works of anatomical art with no layer of fat to protect the muscle (my blog=my reality, so please don’t argue!). It doesn’t matter. Whatever the reason, the leg injection kinda sucked.

I think my arm flinched a bit when snapping the release button, and I may have lifted the needle a fraction of a millimeter out of place. The entire injection basically pooled up in a giant, burning, under-skin mass (which was eventually absorbed). Now I’m left with injection-site swelling that feels a bit like ½ of a hard-boiled egg under the skin of my right thigh/quadricep—and I have a soccer game tonight (I favor my right leg, so my quads are important!).

Unfortunately, Copaxone has not yet been made aware of my competitive nature, and does not know that when issued a challenge, the only response I know is to kick it in the a$$. Suck on that, little needle. We’ll see how brave you’re feeling tomorrow when you’re going toe to toe with my left quad!

No comments: