Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Coming Full Circle

I officially made it through the full cycle of injection sites. Today is Tuesday, one week from the first day of treatment, and I’m back to the belly shot. Here’s a quick rundown of my thoughts on each injection site, in case you’re morbidly curious:

1. Stomach--Fantastic
2. Legs--Frankly, both of them sucked. I think I need to change the needle depth, or sit with my legs situated differently… or something.
3. "Hips" (the polite way of saying "Butt")--Not bad… not bad at all!
4. Arms—the most daunting site of all, and they were a piece of cake.

The time it takes to do my injections is diminishing, and I am indeed turning it into a routine. And the good news is that I feel totally fine with the medication. No side effects, aside from the injection site reactions. Awesome.

Now that I have had one week to “master” the art of self-injection, I’m going to attempt to hop over a new hurdle by traveling (starting this afternoon). As such, posting over the next few days will likely be light. Wish me luck!

No comments: