Sunday, June 14, 2009

Updates and other very random musings

It has been awhile since I have written a post that has anything to do with the initial reason I started this blog: my MS. Although I do apologize for this violation of blogger etiquette, I have to say I'm not the least bit unhappy with the course of events in my life from DxDay to present.

The way I see it, my lack of relevant posting materials is a good thing. While I do still have a couple of topics I want to touch on in the coming weeks, I'm happy that my life after DxDay has really returned to normal (with the minor inconvenience of crappy vision when I'm active, especially now that it's getting hot outside).

So please bear with me as I expand on other topics. Today, for example, I thought I would post a few pictures of what I'm terming The 2009 Commitment Project (T09CP). You're probably wondering what the heck T09CP is... well here's a visual for you:



and another...



I have been planning to undertake T09CP for years now, but have managed to put it off for one reason or another. This year, with paint flaking off in large chunks, I decided to suck it up and dive in. T09CP, if you hadn't already guessed, is an annoying, huge, and not-so-exciting stripping (get your mind out of the gutter--I'm talking about paint), sanding, and painting project, focused mainly on trim (with a few ancillary shakes requiring some touch-up, assuming the bucket of old house paint I inherited with my home purchase in '04 is still good).

Today I began the craptastic project by sanding, scraping, and power-washing some of the proverbial low-hanging fruit (the loosest chips). The reason I've named the project T09CP is because now that I have started, there's no turning back until it's done. Completely. Because I'm changing the trim color from white to green. Ugh. What have I gotten myself into???

The pictures posted here are of one window of one side of the house. A teeny tiny sampling of the ginormous project that lies ahead. Not that my house could be termed anything but "quaint," "charming," or "cute" due to its small size and stature, I do have a large section in the back that I will not be able to reach--even with my tallest ladder (which, if I'm honest, is scary as hell at the top rung), nevermind the fact that my power line runs right through it. I suppose these are bridges I will cross when I get to them. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

Side note: If my postings suddenly stop with no explanation, it could be because I am getting evicted for lack of paint and a total lack of curb appeal.

No comments: