Tuesday, June 9, 2009

From a Tex Mex Food Coma in San Antonio

Greetings, dear readers. I must apologize for the lack of postings in the recent days, and in advance for the probable lack of postings until later this week. I'm in San Antonio for work, on the heels of a fun-filled weekend in Iowa. And this evening, I'm sitting in my hotel room attempting to prepare for a conference tomorrow from the depths of a self-inflicted Tex-Mex food coma. Blarbagalakea (that's how seemingly normal words look in my head right now).

I will, however, leave you with a few snapshots from my stint as a tourist this afternoon (while searching for a grocery store, I popped out my camera and took some pictures--interesting side note... downtown San Antonio doesn't have a single grocery store, or so the gentleman at the five and dime told me).

Touristy photo #1--Remember the Alamo (side view) (oh, and it was closed... hence the gates)


Touristy photo #2--Super cute little artist market thingy (totally got turned around and ended up in the middle of it)


Touristy photo #3--The Infamous Riverwalk (the section that bumps up to the back of my hotel)


And finally, Touristy photo #4--Super cool gnarly tree (I saw a few of these--they look like they're straight out of a scary Headless Horseman movie or something!)


**Note--this posting was scheduled to be about traveling a week or so into treatment, but since DSO is a rock star who changed my meds, those postings will have to wait until after treatment begins on July 7**

1 comment:

Julie M. Baker said...

I love taking gnarly tree photos and yours is wonderful!
Come to my blog and pick up your award.
Lazy J