Saturday, January 9, 2010

And now for Today's Special...

Here we are, day 2 of the 3 dose steroid regimen. I was prepared to experience at least a few of the side effects (this site provides visual examples of some of the side effects). But my first day was pretty uneventful. I definitely had a strange and rather unpleasant taste in my mouth for much of the day, and a few hours after I took the steroid, I think I could have given Old Country Buffet a run for its money (crap, I was hungry), but I was not jittery, nervous, euphoric, or anything like that. In fact,I hit a wall of exhaustion after work yesterday afternoon, and took a long and refreshing nap. The dizziness is still hanging around, although perhaps to a lesser extent. I did not feal any nausea yesterday, and did not take any motion sickness meds.

Last night I made a field trip to Home Depot to pick up some goodies for a home project I'm working on this weekend, and I will say it was the first time in weeks I actually felt good about getting into my car and leaving the house. Yes, I was still dizzy, but I think the nap (and possibly the 'roids) gave me a little burst of energy. The lack of nausea didn't hurt any, either.

And now here's a look at this morning's menu:



A delightful spread of scrambled eggs with fresh veggies, toast, fresh squeezed OJ,with a side of steroids, supplements, and injections. Here's hoping for more steps toward normalcy, and a productive day of home projects.

Cheers!

No comments: