Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weight Lifting

Today, as you know, was my appointment with DSO (Dr. Second Opinion).

Let me backtrack a little by saying that throughout the process of being diagnosed, I have felt like I have had a lot to learn, and little to give by way of knowledge or advice. Today, I am confident that I have an insightful and extremely valuable nugget of wisdom to share with anyone who is going down this road. If you are questioning your plight, or are not comfortable with the information you are receiving (or how you are receiving it):

Get! A! Second! Opinion!

It has been a crazy hectic week, and I'm prepping for a crazy hectic weekend, so I can't elaborate much now. But here's a quick and dirty summary of today's fabulousity:
  • I still have MS.
  • My treatment plan and prescription have totally changed.
  • Turns out my vision problems ARE in fact MS-related. Who woulda thunk.
  • I have a MUCH better understanding of how this disease is affecting me.
  • A huge weight (confusion, uncertainty, etc.) has been lifted off my shoulders.
  • Validation (parking and otherwise).
DSO is the man. Really. Truly. Unequivocally.



I'll share all of the tasty details when I'm back to the world of innernet connectivity next week. Until then, dear readers, I bid you adieu.

3 comments:

Cindy (Carlson) Zerger said...

awesome awesome awesome. so glad you are confident in the DSO! makes me feel better, too. ;)

Michelle W said...

You are such a tease! I wanna know more about DSO and what he said to bring about this glorious weight lifting!!!

Michelle W said...

and P.S. LOVE the graphic