Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Night Before New York

Tomorrow marks my first airline travel since starting the Copaxone--the last of the travel tests with my injections. I have my travel kit prepared... ice block frozen, meds in their case, doctor's note in the pocket. I'm resigning myself to the fact that--despite my phenomenal packing and organization skills--I might just be that jackhole who takes hours to get through security. Oh well, I suppose it's worth it--I'm going to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and lovely niece in New York. The weekend promises to be fun-filled and busy, as some of our relatives from Norway will be visiting the big apple at the same time, as will a good friend of my brother's and mine from back here in Minneapolis.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to getting away--a break from work, a break from the dogs, and mostly a reminder that I survived a long and dreary October (I think it rained almost every single day). November is going to kick some ass, and I can't think of a better place to officially usher it in.

Check back next week for a delightful photographic recap of the long weekend.

No comments: