Friday, April 24, 2009

Serendipity

The process of getting inked was slightly more complicated than anticipated. The first place I stopped looked at the simple, itty bitty little image I wanted etched onto my back, and and quoted me the equivalent of a car payment. With a serious case of sticker shock, I headed back to my car (which I decided to pay for in lieu of the tattoo), head hung low.

Serendipitously, I happened to park in front of a coffee shop with free wireless internet access. Since I hadn't been home from work yet, I still had my laptop in the car--so I switched it on and googled "tattoo" in Minneapolis. My search results included a little shop only a few blocks away--one that just happened to have an opening that evening. So I went in, checked out the shop, got a quote that was exactly half of the original quote, and made my appointment.

Turns out my speed bump on the road to getting inked was a good one--as the little shop I visited, otherwise known as The Ink Lab, was just given the title of Best Tattoo Parlor in the Twin Cities by City Pages magazine.

Guess I have my finger on the pulse of pop culture in the Twin Cities after all.

No comments: